Call (508) 226-4400 or
WHAT IS ELDER LAW?
The practice of elder law focuses on a specific kind of client — an elder or an individual with special needs. Working with the client, and also often with his or her family, we focus on all of the client’s needs as he or she faces the challenges of aging and/or disability. We help to solve our client’s legal, financial, and health care problems and to maximize his or her quality of life. We help our clients protect their hard-earned assets and homes from the potentially devastating costs of long term care.
PRACTICE AREAS IN ELDER LAW
- LONG TERM AND LIFE CARE PLANNING advance and crisis plans
- PUBLIC BENEFITS counseling
- MEDICAID (MASSHEALTH) planning, applications, appeals, and eligibility reviews
- VETERANS’ BENEFITS planning, claims, applications and appeals
- ASSET PRESERVATION PLANNING when an elder or disabled person or spouse needs long term care
- FACILITATION OF LONG TERM CARE PLACEMENTS in nursing home or assisted living facilities including admissions contracts review and negotiation
- END OF LIFE DECISIONS
- CONSERVATORSHIPS AND GUARDIANSHIPS
- SPECIAL/SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS PLANNING including Pooled Trusts
- RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE sales, purchases, transfers, and management