Call (508) 226-4400 or Contact Us
Jim & Dawn R.
after MassHealth approval for Dawn’s Mom
“We both want to say it was your expertise, tenacity, and knowledge of the situation, as well as your amazing colleague base, that brought it to a successful solution. We appreciate what you have done and know without a doubt; it would not have happened this way without you. Thank you. Thank you.”
Client and Professional Colleague
“You are so good at making complicated, scary things seem much less scary!”
Emergency Guardianship Client
“We are beyond grateful. You will always be part of our family.”
Business Owner, Creditors’ Rights Client
“I was extremely pleased with Peter Shore’s knowledge and experience in dealing with several of my business contract and payment issues as I was at a stand still on my own. Peter was able to advise me and move forward to getting the situations resolved quickly and with my best interests in mind.”
“As the gatekeeper to your office, Mary Ann has consistently communicated something not often found: that is a kind, welcoming and understanding personality coupled with true business professionalism.”
Local Support Groups
It is easy when you are caught up in the throes of a devastating illness as a patient or caregiver to feel that you are the only person going through this difficult experience. But you are not alone, and there are wonderful resources in our community to help you confront these challenges. Check back often for new listings and announcements.
- Community VNA provides a support group for caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias. Facilitator is Joyce Colletto, RN, Alzheimer’s Program Liaison. The group meets on the first Tuesday of each month (except for August) from 1:30PM to 2:30PM at Community VNA, 10 Emory Street in Attleboro MA. Meetings are free and open to the public. For more information and upcoming dates, please call 800-220-0110 or go online to www.communityvna.com.
- Norfolk Adult Day Health Center at 595 Pleasant Street, Norwood offers free monthly support groups for caregivers whose loved one is a senior or an adult with a disability. Meetings are held on the last Tuesday of each month from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM and are open to the public and to caregivers of all ages. For more information on respite care during the group, please call 781-769-4495 or visit a meeting.
- Mansfield Adult Day Health Center at 300 Branch Street, Mansfield offers free monthly support groups for caregivers whose loved one is a senior or an adult with a disability. Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month from 10:00 – 11:15 AM (except for November and December) and are open to the public and to caregivers of all ages. Please call 508-339-2119 to learn more about this caregiver program or drop in for a meeting.
- Harmony Adult Day Health Center at 725 A Myles Standish Boulevard, Taunton, offers “Caregiver Conversations”, a free monthly caregiver support group. Meetings are held on the last Thursday of each month from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM and are open to the public and to caregivers of all ages. Pre-registration is required. Please call the center at 508-880-3000.
- The LGBT Caring Community Online Support Group offers a place for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender caregivers of adults with chronic health problems to discuss the unique issues of caring for their loved ones. Click here to subscribe.
- A monthly support group for caregivers and loved ones with Parkinson’s Disease meets on the second Wednesday of each month from 10 AM – 12 PM at Community VNA, 10 Emory Street, Attleboro, MA 02703. Meetings include speakers, refreshments, conversation and support. The group is free and open to the public from all communities. To learn more, please call 800-220-0110 or visit the agency website at www.communityvna.com, click on News & Events and choose Support Groups.
- A unique opportunity a little farther afield: The Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in Lenox, MA offers a special program for people diagnosed with Parkinsons within the last three years and their caregivers: Click here for more information.
- Community VNA sponsors a support group for people with debilitating conditions or chronic pain. Meets on the first Friday of every month from 2:00 – 3:30 PM at Community VNA, 10 Emory Street, Attleboro, MA. To learn more, call 774-203-3290 on weekdays between 12 –7 PM).
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital offers a variety of support groups for people facing the challenges of diabetes, multiple sclerosis, stroke recovery, and cancers. For more information about their programs, click here.
There are many local opportunities for education and support for adults and children. Some programs are ongoing, some are targeted for special occasions such as coping with loss at the holidays. For information, see:
- Programs offered by Community VNA of Attleboro include monthly(except for July and August) grief support groups facilitated by Linda Regan, LICSW and Judith Lynn Gordon, RN, BSN. All programs are free and open to the public although preregistration is requested at 774-203-1373. Click here for programs.
- Programs offered by Dyer-Lake Funeral Home, North Attleboro. Click here for programs.
- Support Group for parents and guardians of children with special needs, focused on strategies and resources relating to home, school and community. Meets second Tuesday of each month, 7:00 – 8:30 PM, at 250 East Main Street, Suite 4, Norton, MA. Facilitated by Beth Karon Goldberg, an attorney with background in special education and social work. For questions or sign up, call (508) 285-5504 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support Group for parents and guardians of children between the ages of 16-22 with special needs and in the process of transitioning out of school. Meets second Tuesday of each month, 10:00 – 11:30 AM at The Arc of Bristol County, 141 Park Street, Attleboro. For questions or sign up, contact Amanda Masi (508) 226-1445 x 3130, or email@example.com.
- Support Group for parents and guardians living with an adult child over the age of 22 with developmental disabilities. Sponsored by The Arc of Bristol County, this new group is beginning September, 2014. For more information, contact Lindsay Goulet at (508) 226-1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
News & Upcoming Events
PROTECTING ASSETS WHILE QUALIFYING FOR MEDICAID
When: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Where: :Comfort Inn & Suites, Fall River, MA
Who: Financial, Legal, and Healthcare Professionals (CEUs available). Program sponsored by NBI (National Business Institute)
What: A basic-to-intermediate level panel program providing overview of the process of qualifying and applying for MassHealth benefits. Includes pre-need and crisis planning strategies.
To register: 800-930-6182 or www.nbi-sems.com